Amex Platinum and Centurion Travel Benefits
Effective January 1, 2021:
We are thrilled to be affiliated with American Express travel benefits for AMEX Platinum and Centurion cardholders, getting you special savings and wonderful travel perks! When we work with you we get you the Cruise benefits and Fine Hotels and Resorts benefits listed below. The other AMEX benefits mentioned below, such as the Airport Lounges, Concierge and Marriott and Hilton Hotel Elite Status, you do on your own.
Availability and promotions are subject to change. Always check with us as they can change at any time, without prior notice. Call or email us at: 301-358-6600 or -6603, Mark@AmazingRomanceTravel.com
The Cruise Privileges Program is valid for cruises of five nights or more on select cruise lines. You’ll need to book through us. The program benefits require double occupancy, and the Platinum or Centurion cardmember must travel on the itinerary booked, although up to two other staterooms on the same sailing can be booked by the cardmember and also be eligible for the program’s benefits. So if you have the Amex Platinum, you could book a cruise trip for your family and everyone could enjoy the perks.
If you book an eligible cruise, you’ll receive exclusive benefits and complimentary amenities on your cruise. In particular, you’ll get a shipboard credit and additional exclusive amenities unique to each cruise line. These benefits aren’t available on Celebrity Cruises Galapagos Sailings, and additional amenities aren’t available on the Silversea Expedition Fleet.
For eligible cruises, the shipboard credit per stateroom depends on the type of stateroom:
- $100 shipboard credit for inside and outside staterooms
- $200 shipboard credit for balcony, veranda and mini-suite staterooms
- $300 shipboard credit for suites on Celebrity Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean International
There are some exceptions for particular stateroom types with select cruise providers:
- $300 shipboard credit for all Queen Mary ocean view staterooms category EF or higher, and Queen Victoria/Queen Elizabeth ocean-view staterooms category FA or higher on Cunard Line
- $300 shipboard credit for all stateroom categories on Ama Waterways, Oceania, Regent, Azamara, Seabourn, Crystal, Silversea, Uniworld and Windstar
- Centurion Members receive an additional $200 ($500 total) shipboard credit on Crystal Cruises, Regent Seven Seas Cruises, Seabourn and Silversea
All shipboard credits will be credited to your stateroom folio upon checkout, but they can’t be used for casino charges or gratuities.
For eligible cruises, you’ll get an additional amenity unique to each cruise line:
- Ama Waterways: $100 spa voucher per cabin
- Azamara: Behind-the-scenes ship tour and a bottle of premium champagne
- Celebrity Cruises: Bottle of champagne or wine per stateroom
- Crystal Cruises: $200 per stateroom shore excursion credit
- Cunard: Bottle of wine
- Holland America Line: Plate of chocolate-covered strawberries
- Norwegian Cruise Line: Complimentary dinner for two at Le Bistro Restaurant
- Oceania: Premium wine-tasting event, plus a complimentary bottle of wine from the wine-tasting event
- Princess Cruises: Plate of canapés
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises: Exclusive private galley tour
- Royal Caribbean International: Bottle of champagne per stateroom
- Seabourn: Bottle of premium wine per stateroom and exclusive “Suite Dreams” turndown service once per cruise
- Silversea: Bottle of premium champagne and tour of the vessel’s galley
- Uniworld: One bottle of wine and fresh flowers per stateroom
- Windstar: “Romance Under Sail” amenity package, canapés, a bottle of premium champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries
Fine Hotels and Resorts Benefits:
Here are the perks you’ll receive with every Fine Hotels and Resorts booking you make with us, regardless of the length of your stay:
- Room upgrade upon arrival, when available at check-in
- Some room types may be excluded and some hotels may simply give you a room with a better view
- Daily breakfast for two people
- The provided breakfast must be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast
- Guaranteed 4 p.m. late checkout
- Noon check-in, when available at check-in
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- When a property includes Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, you’ll receive a daily credit equal to the normal Wi-Fi charge.
- Unique property amenity
- The amenity should be valued at $100 or more and usually consists of a property, dining or spa credit.
To get these Fine Hotels and Resorts benefits, the cardmember must stay on the itinerary booked. However, you can book up to three rooms for a stay under your account and all three rooms will qualify for these benefits. If you need to book more than three rooms for a trip with family or friends, keep in mind that you can get up to three authorized users for $175 total per year (see rates & fees) on the Amex Platinum consumer card. These additional cardholders could book more rooms under their own accounts.
Here are some – but not nearly all – hotels that currently offer a free third or fourth night for Fine Hotel and Resort bookings:
- Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, in Phoenix, AZ (fourth night free)
- Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, in Boca Raton, FL (fourth night free)
- Carmel Valley Ranch, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, in Carmel, CA (fourth night free)
- Conrad Bora Bora Nui in Bora Bora, French Polynesia (fourth night free)
- Conrad Koh Samui in Koh Samui, Thailand (third night free)
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island in Rangali Island, Maldives (third night free)
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar in San Diego, CA (third night free)
- Four Seasons Hotel Boston in Boston, MA (third night free)
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL (fourth night free)
- Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach in Palm Beach, FL (fourth night free)
- Grand Hyatt Vail in Vail, CO (third night free)
- Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa in Indian Wells, CA (fourth night free)
- Park Hyatt New York in New York, NY (third night free)
- Park Hyatt Sydney in Sydney, Australia (fourth night free)
- Park Hyatt Tokyo in Tokyo, Japan (third night free)
- Rosewood Baha Mar in Nassau, Bahamas (fourth night free)
- Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas in Las Vegas, NV (third night free)
With the Amex Platinum Card or Amex Business Platinum Card, you have access to the following types of lounges:
- American Express Centurion Lounges
- Delta Sky Club lounges
- Priority Pass Select lounges
- U.S. Escape Lounges
- Airspace lounges
- Plaza Premium lounges
- International American Express Lounges
- Lufthansa Lounges
You can find participating airport lounges during your travels by using the Global Lounge Collection website’s search function. American Express states that you’ll have access to more than 1,300 airport lounges across 140 countries. But Priority Pass alone claims to have over 1,300 lounges in more than 600 cities across 148 countries. So, even if American Express’ numbers are slightly outdated, that still means most of the lounges you can use are Priority Pass lounges.
American Express Platinum Complimentary Personal Concierge:
If you’re short on time, consider outsourcing your trip planning to the Amex Platinum Concierge. With the Platinum Card, Business Platinum Card or Centurion (Black Card), you get access to a special phone service to assist you in booking top restaurants and events, as well as finding a perfect dinner spot or even delivering items on demand and other tasks.
Complimentary Marriott and Hilton Elite Status:
The Platinum Card offers Gold Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program, along with Hilton Honors Gold Elite status. Both hotel chains offer on-property benefits such as late checkout and bonus earnings on stays to elite-status members.
Take advantage of these wonderful AMEX Savings and Perks, Call Us Today!
Please call us at Amazing Romance Travel, 301-358-6600 or -6603, or email us at: Mark@AmazingRomanceTravel.com and we will help you start planning your getaway to reward you with enriching travel, getting you wonderful savings and amenities!