Lush and tropical, southern India is inspiring and delightful. Beneath the green shade of a coastal paradise, meet with locals in their fishing villages and tribal homes. Join them in the bazaars, on buses and boats, or even on pilgrimage in Madurai. From cultural sights like the Maharaja’s Palace in Mysore to French-influenced Puducherry and the vast landscape of Periyar, southern India’s spirituality, friendly people, and wild animal sanctuaries make it a fascinating part of the country to explore.
- Kochi – Leader-led Fort Kochi walking tour
- Kochi – Dutch Palace
- Kochi – Kathakali performance
- Ooty – Nilgiri Mountain Railway & Tea Plantation visit
- Bandipur – National Park Safari
- Mysore – Home cooked lunch & family visit
- Mysore – Maharaja’s Palace
- Mysore – Leader-led walking tour
- Mysore – Keshava Temple
- Mysore – Chamundi Hill & Temple
- Mamallapuram – Shore Temples guided tour
- Puducherry – Leader-led French Quarter walking tour
- Madurai – Sri Meenakshi Temple
- Periyar – Spice plantation visit
- Periyar – Home-cooked Dinner
- Periyar – National Park
- Periyar – Guided nature walk
- Kerala Backwaters – Pole boat ride
- Kerala Backwaters – Village walk
- Discover the waterfalls, tea plantations and spice markets of South India’s Western Ghats, a jungle-clad mountain range older than the Himalaya and one of the most biodiverse regions in the world.
- Known as the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’, Kochi is a fascinating blend of Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch and English influences, and is best explored by ferry.
- Step back in time among the iridescent hills of the very British ‘Snooty Ooty’ – home of snooker and the charming Nilgiri toy train.
- Search for elusive wildlife, including elephants, sloths, and birds on safari around one of the best places in India to observe nature up close – Periyar National Park.
- Experience a unique way of life with a family homestay and home-cooked meals in the idyllic backwaters of Kerala.
Ootacamund – Conoor
Mudumalai National Park – Bandipur
Mysore – Overnight train