Classic South India
Classic South India
Discover a thousand shades of green, indulge in some of the continent’s freshest food, and share moments of connection with locals on this 13-day tour. Travel down the scenic East Coast Road into the countryside and across to the west coast before finishing in India’s deep south. Experience the cultures, religions, and histories of this region through its small rural towns, fishing villages, and the scented spice plantations set in the picturesque Western Ghats mountains. This revelatory trip introduces you to an area less travelled from the comfort of a private vehicle.
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Mamallapuram – Shore Temples guided tour
- Puducherry – Leader-led French Quarter walking tour
- Karaikudi – Havelis
- Karaikudi – Leader-led village walk
- Madurai – Sri Meenakshi Temple guided tour
- Madurai – Leader-led walking tour
- Madurai – Cooking class
- Periyar – Spice plantation visit
- Periyar – Guided nature walk
- Kochi – Leader-led Fort Kochi walking tour
- Kochi – Kathakali performance
- Kochi – Jewish Synagogue
- Kochi – Dutch Palace
- Kochi – Ferry to Mattancherry
- Kochi – Ayurvedic cooking demonstration with lunch
- Kumarakom – Backwaters boating excursion
- Kumarakom – Leader-led village walk
- Kovalam – Leader-led walking tour
- Take a nature walk in the acclaimed Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, looking out for tiger tracks with your local village guides.
- Explore Puducherry and discover its colonial French Quarter and colourful multi-tiered temples, and cruise along the dreamy palm-lined waterways of the Kerala backwaters.
- See behind the scenes of local cuisine during a hands on cooking class in Madurai and an insightful ayurvedic cooking demonstration in Kochi.
- Discover the diversity and incredible history of Kochi through a tour of its buildings, like India’s oldest functioning synagogue and a mixture of Portuguese, Dutch and British colonial architecture.
- Witness the dramatic beauty of Kathakali, a captivating storytelling dance that artists must study for over a decade before performing.
Mamallapuram – Puducherry